Oportun is a mission-driven, technology-powered provider of inclusive, affordable financial services and a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
We seek to serve the 100 million people in the US who are shut out of the financial mainstream because they are credit invisible or are mis-scored because they have limited credit history. By lending money to hardworking, low-to-moderate income individuals, we help them move forward in their lives, demonstrate their creditworthiness, and establish the credit history they need to access new opportunities.
Since 2006, we have lent over $6.8 billion through over 3.1 million affordable small dollar loans and have helped over 730,000 people start establishing credit. In recognition of inventive approach, we were recognized by Time Magazine as one of 50 Genius Companies inventing the future.
The Bay Area News Group recognized Oportun as a Top Workplace in 2019. Come and be a part of our community of employees, partners, and customers who are devoted to expanding financial opportunity for millions. When we work together, we can make life better.
Call Center Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day activity and development of the Agents within a call center environment. This position is responsible for ensuring call quality from start to finish and proactively seek ways to improve the internal processes and results. Conducts regular meetings with his team to complete performance reviews and coaching to ensure maximum quality and production of direct reports.. The CS Supervisor will process and manage all aspects of how the team handles their calls. This position requires a high degree of leadership, creative thinking and problem solving.
• • Improve operational efficiency by conducting follow up calls on existing pre-approved, bounced and approved applications after investigating each customer’s unique situation and provide personalized assistance to complete/close each loan
• Is acutely structured, analytical and focused due to the sensitive information and documents that will continuously reviewing in accordance to operational policies and regulations.
• is aware of the synergy among other departments to achieve the expected outcomes.
• Must have access to sensitive personal applicant’s and customers information to identify and confirm the data, application requirements, payments,
• Assessment and review of documents for all loan and support documentation
• Troubleshoot and resolve on-line and mobile loan issues
• Identify and escalate priority issues to appropriate resource (management, engineering, amongst other)
Skills and Abilities
• Analytical and Multi-tasking capabilities
• Versatile skill set – Tech savvy, Telesales, Application Support, Customer Service
• High-touch & Flexible Communication
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to self-motivate in a very dynamic environment and ability to adapt to change
• Ability to function in a team environment & autonomously
• Good writing and communication skills.
• Ability to fully comprehend basic call flows and provide (if necessary) feedback about the information provided.
• Aligns to all Oportun processes, guidelines and has great execution.
• At least 6 months working with Oportun
• Previous technical support or customer service related experience (retail, call center)
• Proficient advanced computer skills utilizing Microsoft and Office tools
• Intermediate Excel proficiency
• Sensitivity to others, ability to work with confidential material
• High school diploma
• Should have full-time availability including weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and overtime as needed.
• Fluent in EN written and spoken
• Bilingual proficiency (English/Spanish - written and spoken)
o For English speaking candidates:
Previous exposure to American (EEUU) culture (EEUU studies and/or residence) or have lived within a bicultural educational environment.
Previous work experience interacting with English-speaking customers.