Oportun is a mission-driven, technology-powered provider of inclusive, affordable financial services and a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
We seek to serve the 100 million people in the US who are shut out of the financial mainstream because they are credit invisible or are mis-scored because they have limited credit history. By lending money to hardworking, low-to-moderate income individuals, we help them move forward in their lives, demonstrate their creditworthiness, and establish the credit history they need to access new opportunities.
Since 2006, we have lent over $6.8 billion through over 3.1 million affordable small dollar loans and have helped over 730,000 people start establishing credit. In recognition of inventive approach, we were recognized by Time Magazine as one of 50 Genius Companies inventing the future.
The Bay Area News Group recognized Oportun as a Top Workplace in 2019. Come and be a part of our community of employees, partners, and customers who are devoted to expanding financial opportunity for millions. When we work together, we can make life better.
We are seeking an experienced collections operations leader to deliver and manage our loss mitigation operations across our three Mexico call centers to help support our rapidly growing financial services company. Candidates must have direct management experience in the day to day operations management of all aspects of loss mitigation operations including early stage collections, late stage collections, post charge off recoveries, and handling of special situations. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in all aspects of loss mitigation customer servicing with the ability to design and deliver world class experiences and deliver superior loss mitigation performance. In this role, the candidate will be required to collaborate with operations and technology leaders as well as process engineering teams to design best in class customer experiences as well as the agent facing and customer facing systems that deliver these experiences. Extensive knowledge of US collections laws and regulations as they relate to financial services as well as demonstrated experience working with Legal/Compliance departments to implement and maintain operational process controls is preferred.
· Deliver monthly, quarterly and annual loss mitigation plan. Work with VP Collections and Senior Director Collections to develop, implement and analyze collection results and outreach strategies. This includes deploying new tools, omni-channel strategies and overall process re-engineering.
· Develop and motivate internal staff by setting appropriate goals and establishing the right reward and recognition structure to retain top performers and manage performance outliers.
· Develop champion/challenger approach to testing new ideas and strategies to promote a constant improvement mindset.
· Develop root cause analysis structure to correct issues/reasons for customer calls, ultimately reducing the number of customer calls by developing solution-based servicing, presenting more complete, accurate information and self-service options for borrowers.
· Development of direct and indirect team, interviews and hiring of add to staff, effective management of turnover.
· Manage operational budgets and costs. Apply a constant improvement mindset that improves collections ability to deliver better losses while driving better efficiency and customer experience.
· Ensure controls are in place and monitored to deliver adequate internal and external audit results as well as identify action plans for self-identified gaps in processes and procedures
· Manage MX training and development teams as well as policies to remain compliant and help foster the Oportun mission
Partner with QA and operational control teams to deliver positive and compliant results while maintaining operational autonomy
· Relevant industry expertise in a portfolio of large-scale accounts
· 5+ years of experience with direct management of internal loss mitigation operations. Candidates with US Collections experience a plus
· Broad based knowledge of all collections and recoveries servicing and operations including applicable regulatory requirements
· Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership as well as junior contact center agents
· Ability to establish and maintain a culture of risk management and compliance while delivering a world class customer experience in a contact center operation
· Candidate must be bilingual (English/Spanish) with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.